So I know Thanksgiving and even left overs are long gone, but after all of that cooking it took a little while to summon the energy to write about it. Which, considering that most of this post is probably going to be links, might sound a little silly.
I started Monday night by making pie dough. The recipe I chose to use was for only a single crust pie, so I essentially made a sixtuple recipe. I needed 4 and my dad 2. Really, all dough recipes are very similar and the reason i used this one was because the cookbook was out. So, use any recipe you want, but I would make it in a food processor. I know sounds sacrilegious (maybe even especially since it's coming from me) and I avoided making crust this way for ages. But it's better.
Tuesday Uel did a lot of cooking while I was at work. After work I came home and made a pumpkin pecan pie (Here), Sweet potato Pie (here) and apple ginger (here).
All in all here's what we ate:
Turkey, prep here
Stuffing: here
Green bean casserole: here
Sweet potato casserole
Corn casserole ( These are full texts, that I have in an email, so if interested I will forward them on)
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry sauces
Another Sweet Potato dish
A rice salad with apples
Corn bread
Sadly, I don't have all of the recipes, but if you're interested, I can get them for you!
Remember next time you make a turkey to make stock!
No comments:
Post a Comment